How many times have you been embarrassed by a major wardrobe failure? Or how many times have you had to improvise because your clothing decided not to cooperate with you?
You should have several fashion tricks up your sleeves to save you awkward and embarrassing outfit malfunctions, here are some of them:
- Add baking soda and hydrogen peroxide to remove deodorant and wine stains, before laundering the clothe normally.
- Wear your panty beneath your shapewear to get rid of obvious panty line.
- Carry one more top that pairs right with your jean or pants to an overnight party. This is in case you get a stain on the one you are wearing during the party, or for you to have a fresh new look in the morning.
- Hide stains that will not go away with a colourful badge, clothing pins, fabric flowers etc.
- Put baking soda in your shoes before going out, to avoid smelly shoes where you are visiting.
- Wash your jeans inside out to avoid the colour running or changing drastically.
- Wrap your pants around your neck to know if they will fit and sit right on your waist. Wrong size malfunction is the worst!
- If your zipper gets stuck, rub some coconut oil or candle wax on it.
- Always carry a pack of safety pins for emergency cases that involve bad zippers, missing buttons, etc.
- A blow dryer will help you remove minor wrinkles in your clothing.
- If your belt ever breaks, tie it into a fashionable knot.
- Can’t find shoe polish right away? Add shine to your leather by applying moisturizer.
- Clear nail polish will temporarily tighten your sunglasses’ loose arm until you find a screwdriver.
- To stop your fly from opening, switch to elastic bands or get zip holders.
- Remove bubble gum from your fabric by rubbing ice cube to cool the gum before taking it off.
- Spray vodka and water on your used cloth and let it dry, for a fresh smell.
- To keep your strapless dress from falling, pin it to your bra – ensure you do this from the inside.
- Use your hair straightener to iron your shirt collars.
- Put a few coins inside your skirt pockets to prevent your skirt from flying in public.
- Carry a small toothbrush in your bag on days you are wearing suede shoes, to brush and clean them from time to time.
We hope these tips were helpful; share some of your personal fashion hacks with us today.