Sometimes we hurt ourselves and finances because we do not take note of fashion lessons when it comes to shopping, styling and dressing up ourselves.
Fashion is meant to be fun and an avenue to boost your personal brand and overall outlook; stepping out of what works for you forfeits the purpose of being fashionable.
Here are a ten (10) fashion lessons life has taught that can be applied to your fashion and lifestyle:
- Resist the urge to bend to peer pressure. You don’t have to jump on every current social fashion, especially when it doesn’t work for you.
- Have a happy place, but focus on successful relationships more. Shopping can be your happy place; but you need way less clothes than you think to keep you happy. Don’t buy everything – focus on clothes that fit and are needed!
- If the shoe fits, wear it. Just to reiterate on focusing on what works for you – stick with it, experiment a few, but don’t try to multiply it into a ridiculous number. Because a piece of clothing item fits you well does not mean you need it in every colour.
- Comparison will make you feel like you are not good enough. Your friend’s fashion statement is most likely different from yours – be comfortable wearing your own style instead of letting comparison be the thief of your joy.
- When you are not focused on what you do not have, you will appreciate what you do have. Don’t focus on what is missing in your wardrobe, experiment with and appreciate the fashion pieces you own and can afford.
- Quality is greater than quantity. A dress/shirt worth N10,000 is worth more than ten N2,000 dresses/shirts.
- Surpassing challenges will build your confidence. Getting out of your styling comfort zone will boost your confidence and self-wroth. Try bold colours, jewelry, textures, stripes etc.
- You are not your past decisions. Your decisions to overspend on clothes and accessories in the past is not who you anymore, as soon as you decide to let that bad habit go.
- Some things in life take time. Cut yourself some slack, finding and determining your personal time may take a bit of time and effort – be patient with yourself.
- Fewer options will allow for more clarity. If you need to dress for an event, try not to overwhelm yourself with too many options – it will make your decision-making process faster.
Read also: 5 Fabulous Stripes Fashion Ideas
These lessons will make a huge and positive difference in not just your fashion and lifestyle, but in other areas of your life as well.